Monday, July 28, 2008

7th Inspection


Today I found the upper deep fully drawn into comb and the empty cells filled with eggs so I guess the queen is OK although I haven't seen her in five weeks. Several frames also contained capped brood. The lower deep contains frames of capped brood as well as numerous empty cells where pupae have hatched. I couldn't tell if there were eggs or not in them as I couldn't get the sun over my shoulder--too shaded when I inspected. I really need to wear bifocals when I check out the frames, too. The medium super was full of bees but they haven't started drawing comb yet. All in all, things are good except one of the gals stung me in the left thumb.

1 comment:

ajvinnyc said...

Greg this is really cool!
Thanks for sharing via the blog.
And Thank you dad for posting it on his website. : )
XO ~ Your cousin, Andie